Tuesday 13 March 2012

There is life after the bagel

"There is life after the bagel", this was a hilarious statement made from a family friend after I explained how I practically live on them for a week. I can explain...
The thing is I LOVE bagels. I love them from their golden coating to their chewy center. So when my parents gave me some that had already been frozen I stupidly let them all deforst. The problem now was I couldn't decide wether it was safe to freeze them once more. So with the fear my beloved bagels would turn on me like a pack of nasty prawns (I am not a fish fan) I had to consume them quick! So a whole week of what I called 'bageling' began!
Day one: Plan 'eat as you know' it seemed common sense to eat them as normal with philidelphia. Not a problem... until I ran out of philadelphia! So I was on day one and was down two bagels and one tub of philadelphia, it was not the most optimistic start.
Day two: Plan 'treat them as bread' I know it seems simple but with that hole in the middle you have to adapt the food your putting on. So it was sausage bagel for breakfast, careful placing of the sausages over the hole... genius! Then dinner was bacon bagel, the bacon proving the perfect hole blocker.
Day three: Plan 'try and make them healthy?' By day three all this bread and fatty food wasn't making me feel great. To solve it I made a salad bagel! Using a lettuce leaf to cover and secure the hole!
Day four: Plan 'you only have to bagels left' With the end in sight it was all going great. A simple butter on bagel for breakfast, and bagel with beans and egg on top for dinner! The bagel problem was over!
So that is how you live off bagels! You'd think after all that I may be off bagels by now, but to be honest i'm going to eat one now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment